Friday, April 19, 2013

Setting the Table

One idea I've come across several times on Pinterest, is how to teach children responsibility through play. There are many lists of chores children can do at different ages. One such chore for toddlers is setting the table. I loved this idea; I think its important for every family member to have responsibilities in the home. So I pulled out some basic items from D's play kitchen and had him practice setting the table in his play room. 


I gave him two sets of play placemats, plates, utensils and cups. He did a great job.

Then we had to do a little pretend play, of course.


Then onto the real world. At dinnertime, I handed him each item saying: One for Daddy, one for Mommy and one for  Deshy. He quickly got the hang of it and now loves to help set the table each night.


No comments:

Post a Comment