Saturday, May 18, 2013

Painting with Rolling Pins and Bubble Wrap



I am definitely not a hoarder. I like to throw things away. But when I received a package wrapped in bubble wrap, I decided to save it knowing that I would somehow use it in a project with D. So when I came across this idea from messforless.net I knew I'd found it. 


I started by pouring little puddles of paint on a long piece of paper then handed D a toy rolling pin wrapped in bubble wrap. 

He immediately slid off the bubble wrap. 

So I put it back on and rolled it on the paper so he could see what to do. This was a foreign concept and he was more interested in using the paint brush.


I demonstrated again. This time he painted the bubble wrap with the brush.



So I demonstrated again, and this time he got it.


He loves getting paint on his hands.


 But then he spotted a snail and we were done.


I took his cute painting and cut out an image (a cement mixer). I framed it with painter's tape on the wall to make it a little more special. Its a nice touch in our playroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment