Friday, May 10, 2013

Painting on Glass

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm on the look-out for 'cool' activities. When I saw this idea from www.messforless.net, I thought: Perfect! 


The idea: Paint with washable paint on a glass door or window as your canvas. After you're finished with the artwork, simply clean it off with a water filled spray bottle and a squeegee. 

D did enjoy this one but he was more interested in the water bottle and squeegee than the painting. I had to keep demonstrating how to paint on the glass. The waterbottle was too hard for him to squirt all by himself so there was a lot of me helping him squirt it. The "washable" paint turned out to not be so washable despite having diluted it with water and liquid dish soap. I still have evidence of it on my cement. The take away: always use a drop cloth and a kid friendly spray bottle. I think this is one of those activities that we'll tweak and try again.  







No comments:

Post a Comment